We are pleased to introduce the initial release of a new mobile friendly site to help you better interact with the daily readings and weekly stream on your phone or tablet. You can find it at https://app.nvbc.net. It also works great on your desktop browser. This is a work in process, and this initial release is pretty bare bones; but it does offer a couple features we don't have on our main site. Here's a rundown of what we have so far.
- The reading prompt, the ESV passage(s) already displayed on the page, and the prayer prompt for the day, are all in one place. When you first connect, it may take a few seconds before the reading appears. We're still working on trying to make this faster, but please give us some time to work that out. Swipe right to get the previous day's reading, swipe left to get the next day's reading (like turning pages in a book).
- When you open the page on a Sunday morning, instead of the daily reading, you will see the streaming page, ready to go.
- To switch between the reading and the streaming pages, or to find directions to our campus, tap the hamburger menu at the top left of the page (the 3 horizontal lines ☰), then tap the page title in the menu that appears.
Here's what we're working on for the future.
- Performance improvements, and fixing any bugs we've found.
- Adding some of the static content from our main site.
- The ability to log in and personalize your experience (at first, this will only work if you have a Google account; other methods will follow later).
- Saving your own notes from the daily readings.
- Much, much, more.
For comments, bug reports, feature prioritization requests, or just general help (or prayer), feel free to reach out to email@example.com.