We invite you to join us in reading through the entire Bible together. We're not trying to complete it in a limited time frame like a month or a year; but rather, we want to create a habit (or discipline) of getting to know God's heart through what He's told us about Himself.
This year, we are doing something a little different. Instead of just reading through a chapter or two a day, we want to slow down and help Scripture remain with us, and allow the Holy Spirit to speak to us from it, more clearly throughout the day and week. We will continue reading through the Psalms on the weekends; but during the week, we encourage you to not only read the passage, but write it down as well. The act of writing will help you think about each word, and will help you remember the verses longer. Questions and cross-references will be available in the weekly bulletin, which can be downloaded from the Streaming page.
When reading, ask yourself the following questions:
- What does it say about God?
- What does it say to/about me?
- What can I learn from this reading?
- Sunday: Proverbs 22:14-21
- Monday: Deuteronomy 32:48-52 It almost sounds as if God is still pained that He repeats “because you did not treat me as holy ...”. Read also 34: 10-12. God is still able to honor Moses by giving him the greatest burial
- Tuesday: Deuteronomy 33:1-11 Each of these blessings (upon the tribes), is directly tied to God’s goodness, God’s work, His character ...
- Wednesday: Deuteronomy 33:12-19 Each of these blessings (upon the tribes), is directly tied to God’s goodness, God’s work, His character ...
- Thursday: Deuteronomy 33:20-23 Each of these blessings (upon the tribes), is directly tied to God’s goodness, God’s work, His character ...
- Friday: Deuteronomy 33:24-29 Each of these blessings (upon the tribes), is directly tied to God’s goodness, God’s work, His character ...
- Saturday: Deuteronomy 34:1-11 What an amazing end to a great man of God!
November 28 - December 4
- Sunday: Proverbs 22:22-29
- Monday: Matthew 1:18-21 Of Joseph it is said in vs 20 “as he considered these things”, or as he pondered, meditated, enquired of the Lord - this season create moments of silent considerations ... of who God is, the gift of Jesus, the Gospel, the Church, etc.
- Tuesday: Ezekiel 37:24-28 In vs 26 what kind of a covenant is it going to be? After reading vs 27 reflect, consider ... what happened after the Fall (Gen 3:23-24). Then read Revelation 21:3!
- Wednesday: Matthew 1:22-25 Joseph “did as the angel of the Lord commanded him” (vs 24) – we know less of Joseph and more about Mary, but there’s enough about Joseph’s character and integrity for us to learn. Pray and ask God to give you a heart that’s quick to obedience
- Thursday: Jeremiah 31:31-34 Consider what inner work is God’s Word and Spirit doing in you now? Make room and space for God to work ... He wants to
- Friday: Matthew 2:1-6 How interesting that Jesus was born in a very evil political period; the chief priests and scribes, i.e. the religious leaders knew the truth of God’s Word and prophecy, yet didn’t recognize it nor live by it! How interesting ...
- Saturday: Hebrews 8:7-12 Do you sense the joy, the intent, the confidence that God displays while stating this! How come God is so excited?
- Sunday: Matthew 2:7-12 Does God work through wicked systems, or can He work outside those frameworks to achieve His goals?